- Barnes and Nobles held their 'New Authors Night' this past Thursday night. I was graciously invited to attend. There was a full crowd for 2 1/2 hours and appears Louisianians in the Western Confederacy was a big hit. The manager of the Lafayette Barnes and Nobles and I have discussed me coming back in the fall for another book signing. Very humbling and exciting.
- Confederate Memorial Hall Museum in New Orleans: I will be the featured speaker at Memorial Hall on June 26, 2010. Light refreshments will be served at 6pm and the presentation will begin at 7pm. Memorial Hall was instrumental in providing key images for the book and I want to give special attention to those images donated for the work.
- Opelousas, La. Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp, July 19th at 7pm at the Palace Cafe. I will be talking about Adams-Gibson Brigade but will focus the majority of the topic on the life of the common soldier at Camp Moore in 1861.
- Barnes and Nobles of Baton Rouge, August 7th. The store is located at 2590 CitiPlace Court and I will be there from 6:00pm - 7:30pm.
- Civil War Round Table of New Iberia, September 21st.
- Henry Watkins Allen SCV Camp, Baton Rouge, October 28th. The meeting will be at Drusilla Seafood Restaurant. Time to be posted. Placing of orders for supper begins at 6:30 and my presentation will begin about 7:30.
- Civil War Round Table of Baton Rouge, November 18, 2010 at 7:00pm. Meeting to be held at Drusilla Seafood Restaurant.
- Civil War Round Table of Shreveport, January 11, 2011. Details to be announced soon.
- Lee-Jackson Banquet, James W. Bryan SCV Camp, Lake Charles, La.: Mike Jones of the Bryan camp has invited me to speak at their honored Lee-Jackson Banquet on January 22, 2011. Details of time, etc. to come.
- Lee-Jackson Banquet, Henry Watkins Allen SCV Camp, Baton Rouge, La: January 29, 2011 @ 6:30 PM.
- Houston, TX. SCV Albert Sidney Johnston Camp #67: March 16, 2011.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
It is with exciting news I announce that my first book, Louisianians in the Western Confederacy, has entered into its second printing and is moving along quite well in its first six weeks of life. There are several locations I will be attending to discuss the book and/or do book signings. They are listed below and I will update as more information comes into light. I will post the latest speaking engagement in red as to highlight where I will be going next: